Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update on Eli

Eli is feeling a little better today after a pretty bad day yesterday and a high fever. We went to the Doctor this morning and we know he has an ear infection. There could be more going on, but we'll have to wait for those results. For now, we're hoping it's just an ear infection and his antibiotic kicks it's rear!

The visit with the Doctor wasn't exactly fun ;o) It was a pretty intense exam, but Eli did well through most of it...until we got to the bloodwork and TB bubble. The first TB bubble leaked, so he had to have another done :o( And they had a really hard time finding his tiny veins for the bloodwork, so that required a few sticks. Once they had a good vein they had to fill 6 vials!!! I'm not sure if I've ever had that many vials done at once!!! But, he's a trooper.

Eli didn't really calm down in the Doctor's office after the bloodwork, but he was more content when we left! He slept most of the ride home, which was good. Then we had our first post-placement visit with the social worker, which went well. Ben handled most of it since I was running late.

We will know more about Eli's labs over the next few weeks. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Otherwise, we are all doing well. Eli's quite a little fighter and had some smiles for us this morning. That was quite wonderful! He should back to himself in no time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im glad he's starting to feel better!

Leah said...

Jen- Congratulations on bringing Eli home! I am sure that it seemed like it took forever, but it seems to me that just yesterday you were talking about your decision to adopt from Ethiopia. I am glad that your family has grown by 2 beautiful feet!