Monday, September 14, 2009

Today was a long day and I have a feeling tomorrow will be similar!  But it was a mostly happy day.
 
I was woken up this morning by Ben begging for antibiotics.  Not even 24 hours in Addis and he already had the funk!  So I gave him everythingI could think of then had breakfast and did the paperwork.  Brought it upstairs for his signature when it was ready.  Then the group (less Ben and Matt - see the Monberg's blog for that story) went to lunch at Lucy's then to the TH to meet the kids!  A truley awesome scene!!!  Wonderful!  So sad Ben missed it :o(
 
Eli was wide awake and alert and he loves to see EVERYTHING!  He has chicken pox, but seems to be getting over them.  They don't seem to bother him, so that's good.  And I've already had them, so I'm not too worried.  Gave Eli his bottle the last hour we were there and he fell asleep eating it and was out the rest of the time I was tehre despite the noise, light, comotion, etc.  Super dooper sweet!!!  Also found out he bunks with the Cornett's baby, too awesome!
 
After the TH we went to the spa for massages!  Well worth the less than $20.  It was my first massage and I laughed a lot of the time because I'm so tickleish, but it was still great.  Then back tot he TH and on to the Ethiopian restaurant!  It was really fun and Robel was there with us to help explain some things about the dance, food, etc.
 
Now I'm back in the guest house and have everything packed for tomorrow!  We have our Embassy appointment TOMORROW MORNING instead of Wednesday afternoon.  And we JUST found out!!!  But I think I'm ask packed as I can be!  Tomorrow we will pick up the kids by 8:30, go to the embassy for our appointment (who knows how many hours we will wait), then to lunch, then back to the TH for care packages, pictures, donations, etc.  Keep the Gilsons and Koebnicks in your prayers sine they are both waiting on a few things in order to get everything done tomorrow!  Pray that everything runs smoothly for all of us tomorrow and we all remain healthy (and the 2 group members who are sick get fully recovered).
 
Will post pictures tomorrow if we have power and time.  I need to use some else's computer in order to shrink the files since the netbook doesn't have the software.  Something I meant to check before we left, but it's a little late now.  Sorry for any typos.  This keyboard is tiny,s o I'm still getting used to it!
 
We have met our suitemates now.  It is a sweet familiy that is adopting from Rwanda through AW.  They already have their ADORABLE son and are here to go to the Embassy since Rwanda's embassy only has 1 staff member...or somthing like that!  They are here through Thursday!
 
All in all, things have gone well so far.  I slept straight through last night.  I didn't hear ANYTHING with my earplugs!!!  MAke sure you TWIST them before you put them in so they stay in!!! 
 
I'm pretty exhausted now so I'm going to go to bed.  We may or may not have power tomorrow.  Guess we'll find out in the morning! 

4 comments:

Erica said...

Glad things are going well and that you had such a wonderful time with your son. I'm praying for your Embassy appointment!

Erica R.

Lisa Nelson said...

Praying for you and so happy for you and Eli. Hope you're both healthy for the Embassy appt. and it all goes well tomorrow.
Lisa Nelson

Busia said...

I'm so excited that you got to hold my new grandchild! Also, thanks to my very generous and throughtful co-workers (who through me a "Granny" shower!) Eli is well on his way to a very stylish wardrobe.

Love,
Busia and Grandpa

Karen and Shane Ellison said...

I am so glad that your trip is going so well, and i can't wait to see pics of Eli with you guys! Sorry Ben is sick, I hope he feels better soon! Stay safe!!!