Thursday, August 6, 2009

Throwing out my plan!

Well, I feel like my last post may have sounded pesimistic. That's not quite the tone I was looking for, so I will clarify :o) I have been working on guarding my heart against what could happen. One of the things we learned before we even got in to the adoption process is that there are ups and downs. After going through a few ups and downs that didn't necessarily agree with MY plan, I have abandoned MY plan! Not sure what I was thinking in the first place!

I have complete faith in God to get Eli home on time. Yes, I wish I knew when that was, but not knowing does not keep me from loving Eli with all of my heart and soul! And, yes, I hope we pass court this first time around and travel in September, but I trust in God's plan. And He has given me many things over the last few weeks (like putting everything in perspective) to remind me that He is with us and He will bring us together when it is time!

Sure, I will still be disappointed if we don't pass court. And I will miss Eli like crazy! But I have strength and peace knowing that things are in the hands of One much better than I! I like to think I'm a pretty good planner, but, trust me, I got nothing on the Big Man! ;o)

So, please don't think me pessimistic! I'm at complete peace and quite happy! And I have lots of projects planned if we don't pass court. And if we do pass...well, then they can wait!

No comments: