We made the final decision to start the adoption process May 21, 2008. A little over 6 months later, here we are, almost done with the majority of the work...not necessarily the hardest part, though. I have a feeling that will be the waiting!...Waiting for the referral, waiting to pass court and waiting to travel!
We sent our dossier to AWAA November 21st and it is expected to be DTE (Dossier to Ethiopia) this Friday, December 5th! We are praying that nothing goes wrong with the authentication and everything runs smoothly. Then we can officially begin tackling the wait!
I will be updating the blog at least monthly with any information I receive. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of information that waiting families have until they receive their referral. But I will still do my best to update here so that everyone can check on the status! Our current wait time to referral is 7-9 months. That changes monthly, so I will make sure I post the updated expected wait when I know it.
For those who don't know the details, we are requesting a child of either gender (which generally means boy) between the ages of 0-12 months. Our home study approves us for a child up to the age of 18 months.
That's all for now! Hopefully I can post again soon with some good news!!!
Nile my little salesman!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment