Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Update

Here's a quick update since I have been out of town and not posting. We have court mid-August and, if we pass, will travel mid-September. We have picked out a name for our little man. His name will be Elias (Eli) Kingsley H****** (can't share his Ethiopian name until we pass court). We are hopeful that we will pass court the first time, but only 60% of cases pass the first time (due to paperwork not making it to court on-time, witnesses not showing up, the power being out, etc.). Please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks.

Also, we aren't ready to travel yet and don't know how much room we have, but we hope to take over some donations of clothing (new or gently used - Walmart, Target, Kohls or a consignment store - up to size 8, I think), formula, small toys (matchbox cars, bouncy balls, candy...think party store or dollar store), etc. If you are interested in donating a few things, please let us know.

I will update when the nursery is done (it's in the works, I promise) and when we have some news on court. Until then, please keep our family, and the many other families in our Agency in your prayers! It currently looks like the courts will close for approx. 6 weeks starting mid-late August, so we will see!

No comments: