Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Five Months.....



I had this great, happy post written but had to erase it... Unfortunately I can no longer give a good estimate on when we can expect our referral. The Agency in Ethiopia that writes the letter needed to pass court has stopped writing letters for children who are abandoned "for the time being." There has been a large increase in the number of children who have been abandoned recently so the Agency (a Government Agency, not our adoption agency) will stop writing letters until they can investigate the reason for the increase.

So, who knows what this means for us. Our agency may continue to receive children who were abandoned, but they will not be able to refer those children to families. For the children who came to the orphange under a different set of circumstances, they should be able to refer these children. So, our wait could be 3-4 months to who knows when...we will continute to wait and pray!

I continue to ask that everyone keeps praying for all of the families in our agency (to have peace in their hearts while they wait, to have safe travels, that the jugdes in ET pass their cases quickly and feel at peace), the families of the children that are being relinquished and the children themselves. I also ask for extra prayers for the families that have referrals of children who were abandoned because they will not be able to pass court and travel to pick up their children until the Agency has completed their investigation and begins to write letters again.

2 comments:

Karen and Shane Ellison said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry!!! I will definitely keep you and all of the families and children in my prayers!! I pray that you will get that long awaited referral soon!!!!

Unknown said...

Praying! I hope they sort things out and that your son comes home soon!