Ahhhhh, it has been a while since I've REALLY had a chance to post. I don't know about you, but I don't think the 4 line monthly updates (that I actually wrote before busy season began and then filled in the dates and timeline when I got close) really counted!
We have been busy here, to say the least! During the week I am mostly at work and Ben and Maddie hold down the fort. On Sundays we have kept ourselves busy with gardening and visits from my wonderful Mommy, who is a great help to Mr. Dad (he doesn't like it when I refer to him as Mr. Mom...)!
Let's see, we have a little landscaping done in the front yard. And, if you can believe it, I have Daffodils AND Tulips this year! The Tulips I added after they had already sprouted, though! The daffodils can handle the insane weather in Charlotte okay (70 one week, 30 the next...No, I'm NOT kidding, that is how our winters are). The tulips on the other hand become very confused and come up in January and die when it snows! C'est la vie! We also have our garden started in the back. We'll see if we can get any yummy (organic, wahoo) vegetables out of it!!!!!
There really isn't too much going on here. We are working with Maddie on the idea of a little brother, though she is still set on a little sister! She has been praying to God asking Him for a little sister instead of a brother. We have made some progress, but she now calls her brother "Sissy." It's an improvement, though I'm not sure our son will agree!
The adoption is still moving along. There have been a lot of referrals over the last 3 months, but we are trying to not get our hopes up...TRYING being the opperative word! With the current rate of referrals there is a possibility that we will have our referral this summer! But I am still planning on Fall because things may slow down.
I have been thinking a lot about the nursery (Emma, if you're out there, we'll have to get together and talk about my crazy ideas SOON, WE MISS YOU!). I've also been thinking a lot about names. Boy names, of course. We have a few that we agree on, but they aren't necessarily my FAVORITE names! And we won't actually decide on anything until we know our son's birth name/name given to him by his caretakers.
All in all, things are good! I only have 2.5 weeks left in busy season. I'm not counting the days yet, but I will start on Wednesday, I ASSURE you!
If you're out there, thank you for reading! We ask that you pray for our son (he is likely kicking his mommy quite a bit at this point, the little soccer player) and his birth family. Please pray for the health of them all and for a great peace to be placed on their hearts. His birth parents/family will have to make a decision that no one should ever have to make, and for this I grieve. But, Our Lord is mighty and I pray they know that and feel it!
I hope to post more soon! I will have another Auto-post for our FOUR MONTH (wa-hooo) post, and I apologize! But after April 15th (or at least after April, I hope), I will have more time!!!
Nile my little salesman!
8 years ago
2 comments:
Good to hear things are moving alone. Prayer request noted and being worked on! I hope this busy season hasn't been to bad for you!
Yes, I am TRYING not to get my hopes up either! Its hard!! Keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are only #11 or #12 for either/infant boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it!!
Post a Comment